Charles Bibby's profile

Subscriptions

Sort by

Introduction: The proxy product the energy team has been using in July had features and problems that the July team was not satisfied with. In particular, the AC charger and the lead-acid battery of the GDLite were identified as areas that need to change; This is due to the risk of overcharging when charged through an AC connection. The desire to change from lead-acid to lithium-ion is driven by the short lifespan of lead-acid batteries as discussed in a previous post. The product should...

Hannah Slade
by Hannah Slade
1 Votes
Comments 1
Hannah Slade

Project Everest Ventures’ (PEV) GD-lite 8017A offers access to a safe, reliable and affordable source of lighting and a way for them to charge their mobile devices at home. In providing LED light bulbs, health and safety risks of using candles and paraffin as a main source of lighting is mitigated. This leads to improved quality of life and greater long-term benefits. Furthermore, the reliability of the lighting provided in the GD light system offers a means for community members to...

Max Telford
by Max Telford
0 Votes
Comments 1
Max Telford

The customer segment of the lean phase identifies who is being served by the solar product solution and their needs. Through sales and interviews with existing customers, a proposed customer segments was identified.   In Malawi, 90% of the population do not have access to power. For the remaining 10%, ESCOM is extremely unreliable. The focus for the solar team is increasing the accessibility and reliability of electricity, with a focus on lighting and phone charging. When electricity is...

Hannah Slade
by Hannah Slade
0 Votes
Comments 1
Hannah Slade

The Solar Consulting team have hit the ground running in December, growing momentum for the summer to come.  Very positive feedback was received on the benefits of the product, however, there were many maintenance issues. These are heavily linked to poor care of the product, and further educational practices were put in place.  There has been an emphasis on increasing product distribution opportunities. This was executed through community meetings and face to face sales, along with...

Patrick Edwards
by Patrick Edwards
6 Votes
Comments 2
Patrick Edwards

Reference to Experiment Post: https://projecteverest.crowdicity.com/post/795810 Lean Phase: Cost Structure Assumption:  People in Nancholi have more expenses and therefore less disposable income in December compared to July. Introduction: This experiment aimed to test whether residents on Nancholi had the same expenses/amount of disposable income all year round. The assumption was that December (and the other summer months) had more expenses and...

Charles Bibby
by Charles Bibby
0 Votes
Comments 1
Charles Bibby

Content Lean Phase: Cost Structure Assumption: People in Nancholi have more expenses and therefore less disposable income in December compared to July. Time Period: 1 week Success Metric Percentage of people who confirm that there are in fact more expenses/less disposable income in December compared to July Criteria Green Light – Confirm that assumption is valid and evaluate if there are ways Project Everest can make solar systems more accessible in the summer months or examine...

Charles Bibby
by Charles Bibby
2 Votes
Comments 0
Charles Bibby

Blog subscription

Use the button above to subscribe or unsubscribe to the blog. This will notify you when new blog posts appear.

Blog post subscriptions

This lists any individual blog posts you may have subscribed to, which will notify you when people post new comments. Unsubscribing from the blog using the button above will not affect these subscriptions.

No posts found.
 

Charles Bibby

Melbourne, Australia

Joined this community on Oct 18, 2018

University or Company
RMIT

Degree or Work area
Science

Country you Trekked/are Trekking in
Malawi

Reputation ranking

Ranking
151
Points
116